Friday, January 16, 2015

I'm alive! Livingroom Update!

Hello! It's been a few months. I am still alive though! School, work, and holiday's have taken up a majority of my time lately. Does anyone else feel this way? When things get busy, everything "fun" gets pushed to the side. Well guess who took a vacation day and isn't going to do a darn thing all day? This gal!

On the plus side, I did purchase a new camera for myself right before the holidays! I am definitely not a professional picture taker, but it is pretty amateur friendly, so the quality of all Measure&Treasure's pictures should be better now. It is a Samsung NX300. I'm in love so far!

Onto the livingroom update! It all started a few weeks ago when my husband began building a custom TV stand. Oh boy, he's hooked now. He wants to make every piece of furniture in our house! Which I am totally okay with that because he does great!

Here's the TV stand that he made:


Didn't he do a fabulous job? Unfortunately I didn't document the process (this was all him, but on the plus side these may show up in our Etsy store (handmadebythehunters) in the future!

The inspiration for this makeover all began at Home Goods. HOW HAVE I NEVER BEEN THERE?! It is the BEST! Excuse my shouting, but my husband and I were like children in a candy store there! Seriously. Where have you been all my life? Anyway, we ended up leaving with 4 pillows, curtains (96" ones for $34.99 for two!), and a pretty gold...thing. Bowl? I'm not sure what it's called? We immediately came home and painted our lovely $3.00 conduit curtain rod gold and hung those bad boys up.






Oh! I almost forgot to mention our new coffee table. That is also homemeade. It is the top of a spool cut off with conduit legs. You can tell we really love conduit.



Here are the final pictures!



Still on the to-do list is:
-Replace that lovely pink toned carpet with hardwood floors.
-Add more pictures, wall hangings, etc. It's still a little too plain for me.
-Change that chandelier. It's okay, just not our style.



Of course, the to-do list is forever changing, but as soon as the funds are available the new flooring will be at the top of our list. Ryan hates this carpet with a passion. Mainly because it has a dominant pink tone to it. Ha! Well let me know what you think!

Hope you all enjoy!

See you soon,
Kellie

No comments:

Post a Comment